Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I went for a sail today on Folsom Lake

Over the last couple of weeks, and since the launch of my boat, there were several things I wanted to change in order to make it easier to operate. I raised the boom 7 inches, added a home made jib furler, relocated the topping lift to better catch the sail as it comes down. The jib sheets were catching on the halyard cleats so I did away with them and instead made some belaying pins down at deck level instead of up on the mast. I made a homemade tiller tamer so I can move about the boat to take care of things without the boat going off in some unwanted direction. So today I got to try all these things out. Sorry I didn't get any specific pics of these changes in use but I will try to get some bette shots tomorrow. I did get this little video just as proof that I in fact did go sailing.

This was the best breeze I have had since the first splash of this boat and it was great fun getting out there. I need much more practice to be able to efficiently single hand this boat so anybody who wants to go along let me know and you will be welcomed. I'll get some better pics of the changes I made tomorrow and make another update here.


No comments:

Post a Comment