Saturday, February 9, 2013

Keeping on

I sure am getting tired of epoxy but I got a long way ta go. Here the centerboard case got a doubler and a cap. The cap will house the lifting tackle for the centerboard. Also I laminated the first of the deck beams as I need to figure out where they go in order to build up to that spot. I'll be working on the v-birth area next as well as the cockpit framing.

The centerboard case got a doubler to stiffen it up in the area
where the centerboard pivots down


Inside the centerboard cap, a 4 to 1 block and tackle will ease
the raising of the ballasted centerboard and bring the line back
to the cockpit where it will be lashed.


Forward from the stern.


Aft from the bow.


Nice figure huh!!!


Laminating a deck beam Actually it will be sawn in half down
the middle to make two beams.


1 comment:

  1. Hi John – What a great blog! Thanks for the link. I’m a big fan of Oughtred’s designs and the Fulmar is one of my favorites. Beautiful work and a great color! The guitars look fantastic too. I would love to try one out sometime. The color tones on your sunburst instruments are especially nice.
    Tim

    ReplyDelete