Saturday, March 29, 2014

Back on the job!

Got my glue order so I'm back at it. Here are a couple of things I had been working on while waiting.

I turned these Sheaves on my drill press for the rigging blocks I am making.


Matthew cut and bent these block parts for me.


And here are some of the assembled blocks.


I installed the toe rails as well, I think they are a nice little detail at the edge.


Here is the upper part of the rudder assembly. There is not enough room to put the rudder on yet It'll have to wait till I get the boat outside(It's raining here this week). The rudder is hinged near the bottom of this upper part so if you were to hit something under water like a rock or shallow bottom, it would fold up instead of breaking itself or the boat. Seems like a good thing to me.


I like this tiller as it can be raised up while you are using it, You might want to stand up and stretch or otherwise get it out of the way.


You can also easily remove it from the rudder altogether.


Matthew also made this really nice boom gooseneck for me. He runs a laser cutting machine and he programmed these parts and cut them for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment