Friday, April 5, 2013

One year along

I started this boat one year ago today on my birthday. The hull is done and a good part of the interior framing. I still have more of that and then install the cockpit sole, seats and build a cabin plus the masts and on & on it seems. Well it won't be done this year but I am very hopeful about next. I didn't do anything on the boat today except clean it up and take it outside for some photos. My wife Debi and her sister took me out for birthday breakfast this morning and then I went to work. Well there's always tomorrow.

View from a stepladder behind.
The camera angle makes the transom look a lot wider than it is.


Here I am getting ready to install the deck carlins and
have it clamped on in place to check it's fit


This is one of my favorite times of year when all the grass is green, it won't be long till everything is brown around here.


I'm just about done with the floor framing and will soon ad the cockpit and cabin soles.


You need a lot of clamps to make a boat.


I bought a plank of wood the other day that I thought I could get both carlins from but it was only large enough for one so I'll get another piece tomorrow.
I do like this view though, don't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment